As stressful as day-to-day life can be, people often find themselves in a panic in the morning trying to figure out what to wear. Everyone wants to be stylish, on trend, and dressing with confidence key. Here are four style tips for dressing with confidence everyday in order to remain stress-free and best-dressed.
1. Know not all trends work for all body types.
It doesn’t matter how much an item costs or if it is “in season” the same way crop tops and skinny jeans aren’t meant for all. Forcing yourself into something that is semi-workable is not the best way to optimize your closet. It’s more about the right fit for your body type. I know a chic A-line dress nipped at the waist will accent my curves and will never go out of style. Find what works for you. Above trends, fit is key.
2. Know you body type and tailor your clothes
As mentioned above, fit is essential and is achieved when wearing the correct sizing and tailoring. When shopping, it is best to know you body type to identify what will work for you. It makes for quicker shopping on all platforms.
– Pear: Narrow above the waist and wider at the bottom. Try a fitted bodice and bold shoulders draw attention to your top half while a flared skirt skims the hips.
– Apple: Fuller shoulders and chest with slim hips and thighs. Try A-line and wrap dress pieces accent your waist to balance heavier top half.
– Rectangle/Boyish: Little definition in waist and hips. You can pull of flow dress and skinny jeans, but don’t forget to add curves with belts.
– Hourglass: You’re a Marilyn Monroe with equal upper and lower halves with well-defined waists. Showing off your curves is your god given gift.
3. Flaunt your Assets
Wear something that makes you feel amazing regardless of trends. Looking your best will make you feel your best. Own your curves, petite body, or length! Petite woman show opt for pieces that come in naturally shorter lengths, like cigarette pants, higher skirts, and three-quarter and shorter sleeved tops and jackets. Showing more skin will make your limbs look longer.
Plus-Sized: Shapely legs and well-toned arms are meant to be flaunted.
Tall women: Don’t be afraid to wear high heels. Show off your legs for days and choose form-fitting clothes to accent your waist.
4. It’s all about the details
Accessories complete every look. I love to mix and match pieces and colors. Try silver with gold and statement necklaces. I love to add hats and scarves with everything. Every outfit should have a least 1 conversation piece like a cocktail ring or necklace. Play it up and have fun. Remember it only fashion!