A jumpsuit is one of those items that used to be on the “man-repeller” list. I have to admit in the winter a jumpsuit is the perfect all-in-one outfit. Let’s face it, they are comfortable and can look pretty darn sexy with the right accessories and layering pieces. Here are tips to upgrade your style with a jumpsuit.
The key for making a jumpsuit work for cocktail to formal occasions is going monochromatic. I chose this gorgeous black suit from Tobi and paired it with a sleeveless midi vest. I chose plunging neckline and wide legs channelling old Hollywood to diver the attention upward. The vest keeps my portions long and lean. I finished this look with a pop of color earring and perfect pout pink lip in troublemaker from Too Faced Cosmetics.
Some important tips for styling:
- If you are vertically challenged, you may want to opt for a slim, cropped style instead to avoid looking swamped in fabric.
- Cinching your jumpsuit at the waist is a great way to add some femininity to the look and curves.
- Try a blazer for formal settings or a leather jacket for casual outings. You can even tie a jacket around your waist during the day in place of a belt, to add shape definition.
- Loose jumpsuits that drape your figure are more flattering than skin-tight jumpsuits.
- If you’re wearing a wide leg jumpsuit, you need to wear heels. Avoid anything chunky.
Shoes: Jimmy Choo | Bag: Halston
What about you? Would you wear a dressy jumpsuit to a cocktail party or girls night out? Let me know in the comment section below.
CONFIDENCE FIRST. STYLE SECOND!
Subscribe to my newsletter for style tips, events and more to elevate your #stylewithpurpose!