Are you dressing like the assistant or CEO? I usually ask my corporate clients this question if they are trying to elevate their style. This season everyone can be boss as suiting is back from work place to cocktail hour! It’s all about versatility, color and cut. Here are a few of my favorite statement suits to add to your attire.
Suiting Style Tips
- Consider style. Vertical stripes lengthen your body. Florals are fun for weddings. Consider how do you want to be perceived and your chosen venue.
- Consider Fit. You should wear the suit and not let the suit wear you. Shoulders should be fitted but not over stretched.
- Consider silhouette: Depending on your body type, jacket length and cut plays a factor. If you have short legs, shop for a cropped length blazer. Busty women should consider how a double-breasted jacket would fit. Sometimes it makes you look larger. The goal is streamlined.
- Consider Tailoring. This is ensuring the jacket is fit to perfection for your body. Don’t take it on more than a few sizes, as it will compromise the garments proportions.
Tell me what you love about suiting below! Receive more styling tips by following me on Instagram.
SUBSCRIBE TO ELEVATED LIVING!
- Style tips, trends & insights to be a more sustainable shopper and build a better closet
- Weekly intentional living affirmations & challenges
- Stay up-to-date on community events and workshops
- Watch Melissa's Segments & the best of web to style your mind
AND high-vibe musings to help you elevate your style and confidence.