I’ve alway played with a lot of color in my wardrobe, but this year I’ve perfected the art of how to style monochrome. Selecting one color for your entire outfit makes a statement look, elongates your figure, and helps you look more polished. Now, I’m sure you’re afraid of looking like a “Fruit of the Loom” uniform, but there are so many ways of playing with monochrome and here are a few of my styling tips.
How to Style Monochrome:
- Fit is key (too tight or too baggy stands out more. Proportions work too by framing your assets.
- For a casual look, try mixing fabrics like cashmere with linen.
- Break up solids with color. Add an accent – with a silk scarf or accessory statement handbag.
- Try monochromatic outfits with a different shades of single color
- Playing with accessories that have different surfaces will add interest. Surfaces such as plain leather next to suede or shiny next to matte (see my shoes).
For more monochrome inspiration check out my Monochrome Fashion board on Pinterest growing daily….
Dress: Michael Kors | Scarf: Gallerie de LaFayette | Sunglasses: Balenciaga |
Shoes: Loeffler Randall | Bag: Philip Lim
All Images: Kara Colleen
CONFIDENCE FIRST. STYLE SECOND!
Subscribe to my newsletter for style tips, events and more to elevate your #stylewithpurpose!